Wednesday, July 11, 2007

All good things come to an end

I'm on my way home this evening. A taxi van will pick me up at the house at 5:45pm to take me to the airport just out of Tel Aviv. Then it's a long flight to Hong Hong, a couple of hours wait, and a short flight to Manila. Then it's too late to fly down to Mindanao, so I have to stay the night in Manila with Matigsalug friends before flying to Davao on Friday, arriving about noon.

I probably won't have Internet access for the next few days, so I guess this blog will go quiet for a while. Then I'll try to write an entry from Sinuda at least once a week.

Jonny told me about a tool called Google Reader, which tells you when a site has something new. (And there's probably lots of other tools that use RSS feeds.) It's a great way to monitor a few blogs or other favourite sites from one spot without having to go to each one to see if there is a new entry. (I also use it to monitor my two favourite creation sites and one intelligent design blog.)


My last photo from here is from a couple of weeks ago. It's me standing outside Cave 11 at Qumran -- the area where the Dead Sea Scrolls where found. Cave 11 was one of the three most important caves where a number of scrolls and fragmented were found. (See here for some easy-to-read information and photos of the caves.) The scroll materials were preserved for some 2,000 years because of the extremely dry climate in the Dead Sea valley.

So, bye for now...

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

Hi Robert,
We've finally been able to read your blog--very interesting! However, we apparently missed anything you wrote earlier about the tour and your Bethsaida dig, in which we're intensely interested. Can we access earlier blogs?
Kathy & Les B